OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
Multicore Speedup / Utilization

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Speed questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndrewSchmidt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Multicore Speedup / Utilization Reply with quote

I have been able to run dual and quad core implementations of various processor designs, both bare metal and with Linux. In Linux I am adding OpenMP and trying to run with multiple threads, but I only ever see 1-core being utilized. I think this is a result of how OVP simulates multiple cores?

I am willing to sacrifice situation time, so if adjusting the quantum would work, is there a preferred mechanism to do so? I have tried to use icmSetSimulationTimeSlice, but I am not noticing any differences.

Any suggestions or comments would be great, thanks!
LarryL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

I think what you need is likely the Imperas QuantumLeap product, which allows the multiple processor cores in the target virtual platform to utilize the multiple processor cores in the host machine. This works with the Imperas simulation products (www.imperas.com/products), however, not with OVPsim.

As I think you have access to the Imperas simulation products through the formal Imperas University Program, this should not be an issue. Please contact univ [at] imperas [dot] com for more information.

We also published a paper on QuantumLeap at the Embedded World 2015 conference. I'll send that to you.

Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Speed questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: