OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
Enviroment variable for peripheral sources.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NicoPan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: Enviroment variable for peripheral sources. Reply with quote

Hi, i'm working using igen for building an ovp plaform with tlm components. In this platform there is a peripheral written by me and i want to connect it to my platform but i dont want use the starndard paths ( putting the source in $IMPERAS_HOME/ImperasLib/source and the binary in $IMPERAS_HOME/lib/Linux32/ImperasLib ) but use paths chosen by me.
For the binary of the platform i have found that is enought to add my path to IMPERAS_VLNV enviroment variable but for the source i dont find anything. Can someone help me?
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best way to do this is to create your own VLNV source and binary libraries

First create the source VLNV library, for example (change myVendor and myPeripheral to something meaningful and use full <PATH> to directory)
Code:
# create directory
mkdir -p <PATH>/myLib/source/myVendor/peripheral/myPeripheral/1.0/pse
# copy a default Makefile
cp /c/Imperas/Examples/Models/Peripherals/packetnet/peripheral/Makefile <PATH>/myLib/source/myVendor/peripheral/myPeripheral/1.0/pse

Add your own iGen and C files into this peripheral source directory

Now create your binary output root
Code:
mkdir -p myLib/lib/${IMPERAS_ARCH}
cp /c/Imperas/ImperasLib/source/Makefile <PATH>/myLib/source

and build

Code:
make -C <PATH>/myLib/source VLNVSRC=<PATH>/myLib/source VLNVROOT=<PATH>/myLib/lib/${IMPERAS_ARCH}

Now you can use this peripheral by specifying the new VLNV binary library, I would recommend including the standard command line parser and using the --vlnvroot <PATH>/myLib/lib/${IMPERAS_ARCH} command line argument rather than using the environment variable (but either can be used)

This information should also be in the Installation and Getting Started Guide (but I will need to check)
NicoPan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. I have yet follow this step and i have no problem with the binary path of my peripheral but when i try to copile the platform it try to find the tlm directory of the peripheral in $IMPERAS_HOME/ImperasLib/source and not where i have compiled my sources.
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, I see that the example TLM Makefile (Makefile.TLM.platform) is setup to build using the standard VLNV library. I suggest you take a copy and modify this Makefile to include your new library.

for example, add to SUPPORT_INCS the inclusion of the root of your source directory <PATH>/myLib/source, so it becomes

Code:
SUPPORT_INCS  = \
   -I$(ICM_INC) \
   -I$(SYSTEMC_INC) \
   -I$(IMPERAS_HOME)/ImperasLib/source \
   $(MODEL_INCLUDES) \
   -I<PATH>/myLib/source
NicoPan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you! :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: