OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
igen.exe on REDHAT Linux64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChiayeeOoi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: igen.exe on REDHAT Linux64 Reply with quote

Dear experienced members,
I am new to OVP tools. I have successfully installed OVPsim.exe, iss.exe and issdemo.exe on 64-bit REDHAT Linux after following the instructions in the user guide.

However, it does not work for igen.exe and others. As I run igen.exe, I keep receiving the error message of "igen.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64". Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks.
ChiayeeOoi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: igen.exe on REDHAT Linux64 Reply with quote

ChiayeeOoi wrote:
Dear experienced members,
I am new to OVP tools. I have successfully installed OVPsim.exe, iss.exe and issdemo.exe on 64-bit REDHAT Linux after following the instructions in the user guide.

However, it does not work for igen.exe and others. As I run igen.exe, I keep receiving the error message of "igen.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64". Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks.

Dear all, I am sorry for posting a basic problem. I have solved the problem by adding the correct libstdc++.so.6 (the one for 32-bit version that is normally stored in /usr/lib or /lib) in the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Thanks.
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you were able to resolve your issue.

The executable from OVP are 32-bit and require that the 32-bit compatibility libraries are installed on 64-bit hosts. Some more information on doing this can be found in the Installation and Getting Started Guide provided in an installation doc directory or from the OVP website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: