OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
How to trigger RISC-V external interrupt handler?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Ask a Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LattnerChen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: How to trigger RISC-V external interrupt handler? Reply with quote

I'm building a SystemC accelerator virtual platform, an OVP RISC-V processor model plays the role of micro-controller that programs hardware accelerators, and an OVP Platform-Level Interrupt Controller (PLIC) peripheral model connects the accelerator interrupts to the RISC-V micro-controller. I use andestech/risc-llvm-toolchain as the cross-compiler to compile the bare-metal application that is ran on the RISC-V. Currently I am searching for how to trigger external interrupt handler function in the application. However, I still don't get much useful information. Could you possibly provide any information about it or an example for reference.

Thank you.
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PLIC can expose up to 256 external interrupts. In order to generate an interrupt to the processor you
1) need to program the PLIC correctly to enable the interrupt - this is in your software application
2) write to the interrupt input signal - this would be another device or in a testbench

You could take a look at the example Imperas\Examples\PlatformConstruction\processorExternalInterrupt
This shows an external peripheral device generating an interrupt, however, this is a different processor and not SystemC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Ask a Question All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: