OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
OVPsim in 64-bits machine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Host Platforms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexRod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: OVPsim in 64-bits machine Reply with quote

Hello All--

I read the documentation (ovp_ovpsim_specification.pdf), to find out my installation options with regard hardware, but I thinks is not clear if ovpsim support running in a 64-bit host machine.

I found that I can use winxp (which it is what I am using for evaluation) and fedora core 4.

So far I know the following:

Hardware platform: x86 32 bits
x86 64 bits ????
winxp 64 bits ????
linux fedora core 4 32 bits
linux fedora core 4 64 bits ?????

is OVPsim compatible with red hat enterprise linux ws release 4 (nahant update 5) running in a x86_64bit machine?
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OVPsim is supported on Windows XP 32-bit and Linux Fedora Core 12 32-bit.

These are the operating systems and hardware platforms that are fully verified by Imperas.

OVPsim has been shown to work on other derived Linux platforms and also on 64-bit platforms running 32-bit compatibility mode.

OVPsim has been shown to work on Windows 7 platforms with some caveats with respect to the security features incorrectly identifying programs due to their naming!
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be aware that to run on a 64-bit host requires that the 32-bit compatability mode libraries have been installed. All OVP applications are 32-bit.

You may find that the Linux installer (.sfx file extension) does not execute with an error such as
Quote:
sh: /home/user1/out.exe.XXXXXX: No such file or directory

If the 32-bit compatibility libraries are not installed they may be obtained using apt-get, for example 'apt-get install ia32-lib'. Alternatively, do a search for 32-bit compatibility library for your host operating system distribution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Host Platforms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: