OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible.. error on 64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Host Platforms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimStraus
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible.. error on 64 Reply with quote

The following error occurs when using the provided Makefile.platform to link a platform file on a 64 bit Linux host:

Quote:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /Imperas/bin/Linux32/libRuntimeLoader.so when searching for -lRuntimeLoader
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lRuntimeLoader
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This will be fixed in the next release, but until then it may be fixed by editing the file:
Code:
 $IMPERAS_HOME/bin/Makefile.include

and adding
Code:
-m32

to the SIM_LDFLAGS variable.

Jim Straus
JackSparrow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: some question for Linux32 Reply with quote

hi guy~

is there only release for Linux32, because my OS is Linux64,
and i cant solution the problem by adding -m32 to SIM_LDFLAGS variable!

thanks a lot!
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OVP is only released as a 32-bit version.
Imperas have a 64-bit Linux port of the OVP simulator in the Imperas Professional Tools, M*SDK.

Do you have the 32-bit libraries installed on the 64-bit host?

What is the problem you are seeing? We have ensured that the 32-bit product works on a 64-bit host using 32-bit emulation mode.
JackSparrow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already solved this problem thanks a lot. ^0^
StuartH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to OVPSim and have a similar issue on CentOS 6.5. I am trying to install and setup OVPSim release 20140430.
I have installed the libraries suggested on another thread for 32-bit compatability (plus a few others that seemed to be missing), and setup all the variables as specified in the documents.

Have run all the preceding steps and got evything else installed and licensed ok, but when trying to run the or1k example as per the installation guide to check everything is good I get a similar issue.

./OVPsim_or1k.Linux32.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libRuntimeLoader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I looked in the makefile.include and it seems that based on the variables, it will add the -m32 already (I also tried adding it manually).

I am not much of a Linux guru, but need it running in Linux to work with some other tools, so any further ideas, or the solution you found above JasckSparrow, would be much appreciated.
LeeMoore
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Sounds like the environment is not correct.
Have you read the doc 'installation and getting started' pdf file ?

Basically there is an environment script called setup.sh/bat which needs sourcing. This will setup some critical variabes, the path and the ld_path
The doc explains all.

Thx
Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Host Platforms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: