OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
Example from sect 7.3 of Getting Started Guide no working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregR1961

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Example from sect 7.3 of Getting Started Guide no working Reply with quote

I've gotten through the installation and setup of the Linux environment, gotten my license, and run the OR1k Demo. Things have begun to diverge from there.

Regarding sect 7.1.2 I found no files called imperas.exe or igen.exe.
I found a checkeInstall.sh and in the bin directory, I ran that and it seemed to indicate that things are setup okay.

I downloaded the OR1K toolchain and attempted to compile the platform as specified in 7.3. But when I ran the "make -f" command I got:

# Host Linking Platform platform.Linux32.exe
/usr/local/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /nfs/dv14/grichards/ovp_eval/Imperas.20120313/bin/Linux32/libRuntimeLoader.so when searching for -lRuntimeLoader
/usr/local/bin/ld: cannot find -lRuntimeLoader
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [platform.Linux32.exe] Error 1

I poked around a little in the code but I have no idea why the libRuntimeLoader.so is considered "incompatible".

My Linux release is:
bash% cat /etc/*-release
Scientific Linux SL release 5.4 (Boron)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5 (Tikanga)

I believe I have the required env variables set correctly. $IMPERAS_RUNTIME was unset initially but I set it to OVPsim.

Thanks in advance.
LeeMoore
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Example from sect 7.3 of Getting Started Guide no workin Reply with quote

Hi

GregR1961 wrote:
I've gotten through the installation and setup of the Linux environment, gotten my license, and run the OR1k Demo. Things have begun to diverge from there.

Regarding sect 7.1.2 I found no files called imperas.exe or igen.exe.

The Document is a combined document for the freely available OVPsim products and the Commercial Imperas Products
This section is specifically targetted at the commercial Imperas Products.
Sorry for any confusion, we will think about the document structure to make this more apparent

Quote:

I found a checkeInstall.sh and in the bin directory, I ran that and it seemed to indicate that things are setup okay.

I downloaded the OR1K toolchain and attempted to compile the platform as specified in 7.3. But when I ran the "make -f" command I got:

# Host Linking Platform platform.Linux32.exe
/usr/local/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /nfs/dv14/grichards/ovp_eval/Imperas.20120313/bin/Linux32/libRuntimeLoader.so when searching for -lRuntimeLoader
/usr/local/bin/ld: cannot find -lRuntimeLoader
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [platform.Linux32.exe] Error 1

I poked around a little in the code but I have no idea why the libRuntimeLoader.so is considered "incompatible".

My Linux release is:
bash% cat /etc/*-release
Scientific Linux SL release 5.4 (Boron)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5 (Tikanga)

I believe I have the required env variables set correctly. $IMPERAS_RUNTIME was unset initially but I set it to OVPsim.

Thanks in advance.

Is your Linux 32 or 64 bit installation ?
please explain exactly what you typed when setting up the enmvironment, I believe it should have been something like this ...

$ source /home/moore/workspaceBuild/Imperas/bin/setup.sh
Function 'setupImperas' successfully added to shell:
Usage: setupImperas [-help] [-m32] <Installation>
-help, Print this help
-m32, Run 32bit product under a 64bit OS

$ setupImperas -m32 /home/moore/workspaceBuild/Imperas

the flag -m32 can be ommitted on a 32 bit native machine.

There is a known bug (which will be fixed in the upcoming release) whereby the -m32 gcc flag is not being applied correctly
on a Linux64 bit cross compilation. This can be fixed in the current product in the following manner

$ make -f ${IMPERAS_HOME}/ImperasLib/source/buildutils/Makefile.platform SRC=platform.c NOVLNV=1 LDFLAGS=-m32

Thx
Lee
GregR1961

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: LDFLAGS=-m32 took care of the problem. Reply with quote

I am indeed running the 32 version on a 64 bit machine and
I did manage to discover the -m32 option on setupImperas as you suggested.

The remaining commands in the example worked as advertised.

Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: