OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
Recompiling OVPsim_ucosii_arm_Cortex-M3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirFonzie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Recompiling OVPsim_ucosii_arm_Cortex-M3 Reply with quote

Hi,

I moved the demo to compile with Windows64 version of the OVP tool.
I also manage to find and download the Micrium uC/OS-II with Cortex-M3 port from various website. I also installed the codesocery lite and did the necessary configuration. However, I am stuck at this error (../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -limperas). Did I install the wrong compiler?

The full output of the compilation process is shown below.
Could anyone please advise me where I might have gone wrong?

Fuzzi@FuzziLaptop /c/Imperas/Demo/OVPsim_ucosii_arm_Cortex-M3
$ make
# Compiling ../Micrium/Software/uCOS-II/Ports/ARM-Cortex-M3/Generic/GNU/os_cpu_c.c to Build/obj/uCOS-II/Ports/ARM-Cortex-M3/Generic/GNU/os_cpu_c.o
# Compiling ../Micrium/Software/uC-LIB/lib_mem.c to Build/obj/uC-LIB/lib_mem.o
# Compiling Application/app_hooks.c to Build/obj/Application/app_hooks.o
# Compiling Application/ucosiiDemoApplication.c to Build/obj/Application/ucosiiDemoApplication.o
# Compiling BoardSupportPackage/bsp.c to Build/obj/BoardSupportPackage/bsp.o
# Assembling Application/startup.s to Build/obj/Application/startup.o
# Linking ucosiiDemoApplication.ARM_CORTEX_M3.elf from Build/obj/uCOS-II/Ports/ARM-Cortex-M3/Generic/GNU/os_cpu_c.o Build/obj/uC-LIB/lib_mem.o Build/obj/Application/app_hooks.o Build/obj/Application/ucosiiDemoApplication.o Build/obj/BoardSupportPackage/bsp.o Build/obj/Application/startup.o
c:/sourcery_codebench_lite_for_arm_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -limperas
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ucosiiDemoApplication.ARM_CORTEX_M3.elf] Error 1
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Imperas library should be provided with the arm toolsupport package, has this been installed?

This library is not actually required for this demo, it provides some special functions that may be used within applications to obtain processor information. You could modify (I would recommend taking a copy locally to modify and use) the application Makefile ARM_CORTEX_M3.makefile.include found in IMPEERAS_HOME/lib/IMPERAS_ARCH/CrossCompiler to remove the includion of the Imperas library.

Change the line
Code:
ARM_CORTEX_M3_LDFLAGS  = -limperas
to
Code:
ARM_CORTEX_M3_LDFLAGS  =
SirFonzie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I realised that I made a mistake.
The uC/OS source that I have included .asm files while the MakeFile looks for .s files.

So when I rename my .asm to .s, I accidentally/erroneously included a 'space' in the filename which caused the error, as the compiler did not compile the .s file which lead to the undefined functions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: