OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
Demo Linux_ArmVersatileExpressQuad_arm_Cortex-A15MP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrdaRosa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Demo Linux_ArmVersatileExpressQuad_arm_Cortex-A15MP Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to use this Linux to run several applications and then finish the simulation. Nevertheless,the commands (as REBOOT or POWEROFF) are not working. Some times they do not show any response or the shutdown begins, but the simulation continues. I want to call a command or script from the application/command line if is possible to terminate the simulation.

Thank you.
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to shutdown the hardware is dependent upon the Linux kernel including the required drivers and the hardware having features available to allow software to control it.

Does the kernel you are using have such a feature for the hardware you are running on?

An alternative is to add a trap using a semihost library. I semihost library can be used to cause an action when a particular symbol or address is executed. If you can arrange for a specific driver or in fact any piece of code to execute to control your shutdown the semihost library could trap on this and call vmirtFinish() to terminate the simulation.
FrdaRosa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnak you for your reply.

I have used this method, using a callback to a specific memory region, it is valid for bare metal applications. For Linux I'm still investigating its applicability. Specifically for this Linux version there is a problem with its distribution/version for reboot and poweroff commands. I think I will recompile a newer version, hoping that this error was corrected. I will post soon my results.
Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: