OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
Need help -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewPeart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Need help - Reply with quote

Hi guys :oops:,

I downloaded OVPsim from ARM Cortex-A Profile to test OVPs capabilities for software development.

I am having an issue with running Imperas.20151203/Examples/HelloWorld. I followed the installation guide and have checked my environment variables in the ~/.bashrc file:

export EDITOR=vim
export GOPATH=$HOME/go
export PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:$GOPATH/bin
export IMPERAS_HOME=~/Documents/emulation_project/ovp/Imperas.20130630
export IMPERAS_ARCH=Linux32
export IMPERAS_RUNTIME=OVPsim
export IMPERAS_SHRSUF=so
export IMPERAS_VLNV=$IMPERAS_HOME/lib/$IMPERAS_ARCH/ImperasLib
export PATH=${PATH}:$IMPERAS_HOME/bin/$IMPERAS_ARCH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:$IMPERAS_HOME/bin/$IMPERAS_ARCH:\$IMPERAS_HOME/lib/$IMPERAS_ARCH/External/lib

The error is below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fatal (CHECK_IMP_RUN) Runtime set to '(null)' requires library 'libOVPsim.so' not found at 'Imperas.20151203/bin/Linux32'. Please check installation and setting of 'IMPERAS_RUNTIME'.
Info Exiting
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have checked for libOVPsim.so an it exists at the pointed directory. I'm assuming the issue is with 'IMPERAS_RUNTIME' and perhaps the environment variable.
Anyone know any fixes or what I have done wrong; totally lost.

Thanks . :lol:
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are missing the binary directory of the OVPsim installation from the PATH.
IMPERAS_RUNTIME if not set will cause the loader to default to loading OVPsim simulator shared object.
In this way, it can be set to allow loading of Imperas professional simulators in place of OVPsim without the need to modify the platform.

Did you read the Installation and Getting Started Guide?

Did you run Imperas/bin/setup.sh in the shell you are using? This will setup the environment correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: