OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
Example OVP model in TLM 2.0 platform

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IlyaKorobkov

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Example OVP model in TLM 2.0 platform Reply with quote

Hello,

My university has bought CPUmanager, version is 20121212.
I am studing OVP and I am trying to compile example of OVP processor model in a TLM2.0 platform (Using OVP Models in SystemC TLM2.0 Platforms.pdf, chapter 4.1 Compilation). And I cann't do it.

please, look at my actions:
Code:
$ make -f %IMPERAS_HOME%/ImperasLib/buildutils/Makefile.TLM2.platform  OBJECT=simple
make: %IMPERAS_HOME%/ImperasLib/buildutils/Makefile.TLM2.platform: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `%IMPERAS_HOME%/ImperasLib\buildutils\Makefile.TLM2.platform'.  Stop.

As I understood I have no file Makefile.TLM2.platform in specified directory on my PC. I can find just this file: Makefile.TLM.platform.
I decided to try compile with this file:
Code:
$ make -f C:/Imperas/ImperasLib/source/buildutils/Makefile.TLM.platform  OBJECT=simple
# Compiling Build/Windows32/tlm/tlmMmc.o
g++.exe: C:Imperas/ImperasLib/source/ovpworld.org/modelSupport/tlmMMC/1.0/tlm2.0/tlmMmc.cpp: No such file or directory
g++.exe: no input files
make: *** [Build/Windows32/tlm/tlmMmc.o] Error 1

I checked file tlmMmc.cpp. It exists in folder C:/Imperas/ImperasLib/source/ovpworld.org/modelSupport/tlmMMC/1.0/tlm2.0/ . But (I don't know why) during compilation the path is changed from C:/Imperas/... to C:Imperas/... And as a result error message is shown: No such file or directory .

Please give some ideas how to fix it and how to compile this example from documentation.
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a VERY old release .. I would suggest that you use a more recent release. The support for SystemC TLM has changed to support SystemC v2.3 that includes MinGW support on Windows. this and several fixes in this area should maje your usage much easier.

You should contact your IT administrator that provided you with this installation and ask that it is updated.
IlyaKorobkov

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DuncGrah!

I informed the person (who is responsible of M*SIM use in my university) about the need of M*SIM update.
IlyaKorobkov

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DuncGrah!

I informed the person (who is responsible for M*SIM use in my university) about the need of M*SIM update.
IlyaKorobkov

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the problem mentioned above.

I got the acess to new version of M*SIM. It is 20140430.0
Unfortunately I could not still compile the example of OVP processor model in a TLM2.0 platform.

Then I had a look into Makefile.TLM.platform I found out that the some variables specified by wrong paths for Windows 7 (32-bit):

Code:
SYSTEMC_INC = $(SYSTEMC_HOME)/include

ifeq ($(IMPERAS_ARCH),Windows32)
    SYSTEMC_LIB_DIR = $(SYSTEMC_HOME)/lib-mingw
endif

I have modified these variables such way:
Code:

SYSTEMC_INC = $(SYSTEMC_HOME)/src

ifeq ($(IMPERAS_ARCH),Windows32)
    SYSTEMC_LIB_DIR = $(SYSTEMC_HOME)/objdir/src/sysc/.libs
endif

I did it, because there were no directories include and lib-mingw after SystemC compilation under Windows 32-bit by means of MinGW/MSYS.

Moreover, I found out that IMPERAS_HOME variable should be in Unix format. But it has Windows format of dir path (because I use Windows 7 32-bit). For this purpose I added the conversation string into Makefile.TLM.platform:
Code:
########################### END INPUT PARAMETERS ##############################

IMPERAS_HOME := $(shell getpath.exe "$(IMPERAS_HOME)")

ICM_INC         = $(IMPERAS_HOME)/ImpPublic/include/host
IMP_LIB_INC     = $(IMPERAS_HOME)/ImperasLib/source
IMPERAS_LIB     = $(IMPERAS_HOME)/bin/$(IMPERAS_ARCH)

With my modifications I have compiled and launched the platform without problems on Windows 7 (32-bit).

Please use my lifehack of Makefile.TLM.platform for further versions of OVPsim or M*SIM on Windows 7 (32-bit).
LeeMoore
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

This sounds like the compilation of the systemc package has not been successful.

I suggest you double check the package you have built

Thx
Lee
IlyaKorobkov

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider the compilation of SystemC was succesfull, because I got libsystemc.a. I performed all instructions that specified in INSTALL file of SystemC.

systemc.h and tlm.h files are only in src directory (after installiation via MinGW/MSYS on Windows 7).

Nevertheless, if you use Windows, you will need to convert IMPERAS_HOME variable to linix format. I mean to convert "C:\Imperas" to "/c/Imperas".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: