OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
linking 32bit OVPsim with 64bit applications/libraries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IztokJeras

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: linking 32bit OVPsim with 64bit applications/libraries Reply with quote

I would like to run RISC-V simulations with instruction tracing and inside the same executable run a Verilator RTL simulation. This would enable me to compare the CPU state after each instruction. If running both inside the same executable I could compare the simulator and RTL provided CPU core state (PC, GPR, SPR, ...) by comparing C/C++ data structures instead of comparing core status dump files.

The free licensed version of OVPsim only provides 32bit executables/libraries. I would need a 32bit version of Verilator and SystemC to be able to link with a 32bit OVPsim.

I was thinking about running the code inside a 32bit virtual machine, since I would soon give up attempting to compile 32bit versions of Verilator and SystemC on a 64bit OS.

I could try to persuade the company I work for to pay for a 64bit license, but I would like the RISC-V implementation to be my personal open source CPU, and involving the company would mean spending most of my time with bureaucracy.

Is there a suggested approach?

Regards,
Iztok Jeras
IztokJeras

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get a manageable solution, I created a chrooted environment with schroot and inside installed a 32bit version of Ubuntu using debootstrap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> First time - readme All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: