OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
CACTI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Ask a Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AwaisYousaf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: CACTI Reply with quote

Dear all,

I want to extract pipeline statistics (like the statistics for caches -> Examples: full MMC, transparentMMC...) of processor. Is there any way by which i can do it?

And, I want to develop network-on-chip. In OVP we can simulate SoC but for NoC, is there some libraries for communication protocols? How can we decorate (networking among different devices) our SoC to make it NoC.

Finally, can we somehow integrate CACTI (http://www.cacti.net) for profiling with our platform; like VAP. I want graphs.

Waiting for a nice response.

-Awais Yousaf
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the pipeline you refer to the processor pipeline? If it is then as the processor models are instruction accurate they contain no pipeline details and as such cannot provide this information.

network-on-chip; You could use MMC or Peripheral (PSE) models to create the required network communication and protocols.

It looks like CACTI is a graphical front end for RRDTool. You will have to either use the RDDTool in your system or generate data in the correct format.
The VAP tools can analyse the application and customised to provide data formats consistent with third party tools but are part of the Imperas Professional Tools so cannot be discussed on this the OVP forum.
AwaisYousaf

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: MMC Modeling Reply with quote

Quote:
network-on-chip; You could use MMC or Peripheral (PSE) models to create the required network communication and protocols.

How can I create or modify default MMC models? Would I need to edit the files present in the following directory for protocols implementations? (cache or cacheNull)

Quote:
C:\Imperas\ImperasLib\source\ovpworld.org\mmc\support\1.0\include

Is there any user guide for mmc modeling like the guide for PSEs?

Thanks
-Awais
AwaisYousaf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: File 'pse.pse' was not found Reply with quote

I am trying to execute peripheral example 1.registers but i am getting the following error:

$ platform/platform.Windows.exe application/dmaTest.elf

CpuManager v20101126.5 Platform simulator from www.imperas.com.
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imperas Software Ltd. Contains Imperas Proprietary Information.
Licensed Software, All Rights Reserved.
Visit www.imperas.com for multicore debug, verification and analysis solutions.
CpuManager started: Mon Jun 06 17:54:33 2011

Quote:
Info (ICM_AL) Found attribute symbol 'modelAttrs' in file 'C:/Imperas/lib/Windows/ImperasLib/ovpworld.org/processor/or1k/1.0/model.dll'
Info (ICM_AL) Found attribute symbol 'modelAttrs' in file 'C:/Imperas/lib/Windows/ImperasLib/ovpworld.org/semihosting/or1kNewlib/1.0/model.dll'
Info (OR_OF) Target '/CPU1' has object file read from 'application/dmaTest.elf'
Info (OR_SH) Section flg sect addr size load addr file offset
Info (OR_SD) .text -ax 0x00000000 0x0000d578 0x00000000 0x00002000
Info (OR_SD) .rodata -a- 0x0000d578 0x0000347c 0x0000d578 0x0000f578
Info (OR_SD) .data wa- 0x000109f4 0x00000878 0x000109f4 0x000129f4
Error (OR_FNF) File 'pse.pse' was not found.
Fatal (ICM_PSEL) icmNewPSE: failed to load PSE 'dmac' with file 'pse.pse'
Info Exiting

My PSEtoolchain is installed. Why am i getting this error; can anybody help me????

-Awais
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks as though either, the peripheral model has not been built correctly; the output object, pse.pse, has not been generated OR the directory containing the pse.pse output file is not being located.

By default the example you refer to should build the peripheral into the current directory. Please check the file is present. Also check that the current directory is on the search PATH
AwaisYousaf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: CACTI VS Binary Interception Reply with quote

Dear All,

Binary Interception Technology (BIT) can be used for non-intrusive monitoring of micro operations performed by platform. One of my friend used CACTI for non-intrusive monitoring of his platform. Can anybody give me the comparison between CACTI and BIT.... Speed and Latency etc.??

Thanks

-Awais Yousaf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Ask a Question All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: