OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
Multicore Programming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Ask a Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YasirQadri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Multicore Programming Reply with quote

Is there any standard documentation about Multicore programming. I mean If there is OpenMP like thing that could be used to generate code for multiprocessor scenarios in OVP.
Regards
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OVP provides a virtual platform simulation environment with processor and peripheral modelling to enable high performance heterogeneous multicore processor simulations.

Programming languages can be used to partition an application across multiple processors. this partitioned application can then be evaluated and analysed using a virtual platform.

There are both industrial and educational bodies looking at multicore programming languages. Two of these, that I am aware of, are MCAPI from the Multicore Association, http://www.multicore-association.org/workgroup/comapi.php and the Task Transaction Layer (TTL) from Philips Research/NXP, an interesting paper can be found at http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?tp=&arnumber=4115462&isnumber=4115429

At Imperas I have previously used an implementation of TTL running on FreeRTOS for task execution in multicore virtual platforms. If you would like to discuss this implementation further I can be contacted at Imperas using my email graham@imperas.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Ask a Question All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: